Friday, September 30, 2011

How many kids do you want to have?

Yesterday, as usual, I brought Kai Shuen to the playground near Intel while waiting to fetch her father from work. My focus was been drawn to mother who's carrying a baby of roughly 5months old in front of her chest not because the baby was cute (but of course he is cute too), but because she was calling another three kids of hers. The oldest girl i think is about 6years old, the second girl is maybe 4years old, and the 3rd boy is probably only 2.5 or 3 years old. I was amazed! She must be a very capable mother. I would never thought that I can bring 4 kids to the playground on my own, one is already not easy to take care. Most of my friends, including me only plan to have 2 children the most, some even hesitate to have their 2nd one. We were so afraid of taking care of the kids. Futhermore we will lost our freedom to do many things. What surprises me more is that many of the family in US actually having 3 or 4 kids, unlike Chinese in Malaysia who have an average of 2 kids per family.

No comments: