Crying is a physiological process in the life of a baby. However, new parents will normally panic when their kids is crying. All normal babies cry to communicate with others as the they can't express their feelings in words. Babies will just cry if any uncomfortable feeling comes. This feeling includes hunger, wetting, too hot or cold, tight cloaths, pain ect. Some kids will cry if there is no presence of somebody around them. Crying without any cause is habitual in some babies. Since the reasons for crying ranges from simple causes to serious causes it should not be ignored and hence exact cause has to be identified and managed accordingly.
The following are some points which should be considered while dealing with a crying baby.
1. Dont ever shake the baby vigorously, it is extremely dangerous.
2. Don't let the pitty baby sleep with their wet nappy. Always check for wet nappy. Clean the parts and make it dry with soft towel.
3. Baby don't like hot environement. Check to make sure that air circulation in the room is good.
4. Tight cloths can cause irritation hence it should be removed.
5. Hug the baby with you. Pat her/his back or stroke her/his head slowly. Le her/him here your soothing sound.
6. You can also rock the baby gently in your arms and walk slowly in the room.
7. Check to see if the baby is hungry. Give breast milk and make her quiet.
8. If the climate is cold cover her in soft towel.
9. Turn on the music doll or music instruments and let her listen. Make sure the volume is soft.
10. Try a pacifier or help the baby thumb sucking.
11. Put the baby on the cradle and rock gently.
12. Sometimes changing to a different caregivers might help.
If you have done all this and the baby still crying, you may check for any sick symptom like below:
1. Press her abdomen gently, or pat on her stomach gently to see if the baby is having colic
2. Feel her temperature with the termometer to see if the baby is having fever.
3. Examine the skin from head to foot to see if there is any eruptive disease,nappy rash, measles, vesicles, allergy ect.
5. Check the nose for any discharge:--Coryza.
6. Move the head gently to feel any neck stiffness:--Meningitis,head injury ect.
7. Keep your ear near her chest to hear any rattling sound:--Increased mucus in wind pipes. (possible of pneumonia,bronchiolitis,asthamatic bronchitis ect)
If you see the above signs or any other abnormal signs, immdiately consult your doctor for proper treatement.